Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The final workout

Distance: 3.25 miles

Calories: 475.2

Workout: run 3 miles (6.5 mph); 1/4 cool down

This was the final workout on this training program. I can officially say I can run a 5K! I have ran (and in the beginning walked) over 73 miles. I have lost 17 pounds. I now weigh 148 pounds!

I said from the beginning that this was a journey. To search inside myself and find what was missing and I have found Jesus! I knew Jesus before I started running but now I KNOW that He has been waiting for me to fully commit to Him in all areas of my life. To let go of any fears I might have, any reservations I might have, any obstacles I may be imagining, any limits that I may have been placing on Him. I have been in training to run but have found the more I run the more I realize that I am in training to live for Jesus. So that when a door opens I am aware that it is open for me and I will have the courage and the endurance to walk...to run through that door!

I feel like God has been speaking to me SO LOUDLY in the last two months. He has been using so many different areas of my life to help me connect the dots I can only conclude that God has something new in mind for me. I don't know what it is yet and even when I do know it may not be something that is so drastic that all will immediately know. But I will know and so will Jesus!

Thank you to those of you who have been on this journey with me! I love you all! At this point I think this will be my final entry. I am leaving this blog up for now as a reminder to myself of where I was and were I am today! I will be continuing to run but I feel like this blog has served its purpose and this chapter is now closed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh' man Kristie,
This gives me so many different emotions as I sit here tonight.
Proud of you. You DID IT! You seriously did it. I thought I was going to do it, but I didn't. And now the thought of it makes me sick.
Curious as to what it would be like to "believe" in the same awesome way that you do.
Excited cause I was the one to motivated you to do this.
Sad cause I should be posting this same type of post right now, but instead, I haven't ran in a month.
Those are just a FEW of the many thoughts I thought as I read this... But mostly, I just think that YOU are amazing. You truely are an amazing person, and I am so very, very glad that I can say that you are my friend! You are awesome, awesome, awesome! I am so proud of YOU!

Michelle said...

So proud of you tonight! Happy to call you my friend.

mandy said...

CONGRATS!!!!!! this is absolutely amazing, siesta!!!