Saturday, February 16, 2008

Week 8, Day 1

Distance: 3 miles

Calories: 441

Workout: 2 3/4 miles (6 mph); 1/4 mile cool down

My Saturday's in Feb and March are spent sitting in a chair. Somedays I swear I can actually feel my butt widening as I set there hour after hour preparing tax returns and financial statments for our clients. So it feels especially good when Saturdays are a running day...I'm on the every other day schedule right now.

As I was running I'm thinking to myself. When did it get this hard to be healthy? Is it just that I have ignored it for so long that it is starting to catch up with me? Or is it something else? When you go to the grocery store and look at the food on the shelves you have three choices...regular, light or fat free...for pretty much everything. The news is always telling us that obesity is at an all time high for Americans...so why wouldn't the manufacturers just make the fat free stuff and just have it be the "regular"? I know, I know...it's all about the money. Maybe I'm just being more aware right now...Ted says I'm obsessing over my food...I feel like I'm in a war right now...not with Ted (he's totally on board) but with the food!

I'm taking the same approach with this as we did this summer when we did a total financial "diet" (Dave Ramsey)...he says "You control your money, don't let your money control you. You have to TELL your money what to do..." So I'm controlling my food...planning meals, reading labels, calculating points...."TELLING" my food what to "do"...

Anyway, I don't really know where I was going with that last statement and my steamer timer just went off so that means it's time to eat! Steamed broccoli and chicken tetrazini...the tetrazini is mass points but when you run first before you eat it you are OKAY!!

No comments: