Thursday, February 14, 2008

Week 7; Day 3

Distance: 3 miles

Calories: 425.3

Workout: 1 3/4 miles (6.5 mph); 3/4 mile (6 mph); 1/2 mile cool down

In honor of love day I attempted to keep my Training Zone in the "red". In this case red does NOT equal love; it equals aerobic!! I had to dial it down for the last 3/4 mile...I thought my lungs were going to explode!

Conclusions of the day...I need to SLOW down. My body is TIRED!! The next two weeks I will be sticking with 6 mph as I progress up to running 3 miles. And the incline, well that's just going to have to wait until after tax season!

In other news, I have lost at total of 12 lbs!! I am VERY excited about that!

4 comments:

LizzyG said...

12 pounds is something to be very excited about!!!

Way to go!

I just ran on Tuesday for the first time in 30 days! The last time I ran was on January 13th, and I ran 13.1 miles. Now, I ran on Feb. 12th and could barely make 2 miles...very sad!!!

But you're blog has inspired me to keep a little "journal" of my running. So I started a running blog for myself, to help motivate me to keep at it. I've set some goals, and hopefully by May 4th I will be in great shape and enjoy running the half marathon.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Angela said...

This is really cool I am so proud of you!
I have been such a slacker. I am sitiing here right now thinking I should go outside and run. HMMM what to do? what to do?

Sarah said...

I know where your 12 lbs went!!! You know-in case you were missing them...you can find those 12 lbs attached to MY thighs! :)

Sarah said...

Oh, forgot to say Congratulations, great job, keep it up!

Love ya! :)