Sunday, February 10, 2008

Road Test

Pre-run feelings: very nervous. Excited to be putting my training to the test, nervous that I was not going to be able to keep up with Crystal and Robin.

During the run: right off things were okay, pace was good, my legs felt good, thinking to myself "I can do this". Then we turned the corner and started running into the wind...my legs started getting heavy (and burning)...breathing got heavier...TOTAL REALITY CHECK! I am not in shape yet!!:) Very glad that Crystal had asked her regular partner to come with us...that way she had someone to visit with since I could barely talk!! They normally run 3 miles...we ran 1.75 and walked a couple blocks...her watch said our distance was 1.9 miles and our pace was 11 something per mile (that averaged in our walking speed too I think) Robin has one of those fancy running watches...very cool.

Post-run feelings: Definitely have A LOT more work to do. I'm totally beat right now. Glad that I did this today. It was a good test to see exactly were I am. Am going to adjust my training program over the next few weeks to include some incline work on the treadmill. A month ago I wouldn't have even been able to make it to the end of the block so progress has been made but I will not be calling myself a runner just yet!;)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh' I am so excited! John and I ran into town today, and I couldn't wait to come home and see if you had posted how it went!
Wishing and wishing i was ready to join you!
Love to you tonight!

Anonymous said...

Oh' I am so excited! John and I ran into town today, and I couldn't wait to come home and see if you had posted how it went!
Wishing and wishing i was ready to join you!
Love to you tonight!

Sarah said...

Can you believe you're already at week 7?!

Good job!! You're doing awesome!

Michelle said...

You are so cute! I love that you gave it a good "run", pun intended. :-) You are running... keep it up! Tonight I was looking at old photos... dying at how much skinnier I was. YIKES. I feel the motivation right now to get back on the treadmill. My date with Jason was good! Have a great week.

Crystal said...

You did great! Think how far you've come and be proud. That wind was blowing hard today...not fun!

I feel the same way about trying to talk while I run. I never had to talk until I ran with Robin. I feel winded after the first tenth mile!

LizzyG said...

Great job! Running on the road is definitely a whole different feeling then running on a treadmill. I find the treadmill to be much easier also. As it gets closer to May, I hope you can get outside for a run as much as possible! Oh, and I hate trying to talk while I run...I'm horrible at it, can't do it! :)

Stacy Armentrout Skinner said...

you did better then I would do. Keep up the great work you will make it to the finsh line.